If you are already using an Apple watch or thinking of buying one, you must know about the Airplane mode on these watches. Yes, Apple watches have an in-built function that helps you use the watch in Airplane mode.
The Airplane mode feature helps you to turn off cellular communication. It also sets up your Apple Watch to mirror paired devices such as iPhone. Thus, once you have enabled the Airplane mode on your iPhone, it will automatically turn the mode ON on your watch. Indeed, Apple has the best device compatibility among their products, and you can efficiently utilize them through your Apple watch and enjoy the features to the fullest.
If you are a person who travels a lot and is also enthusiastic about smartwatches, then you must know if smartwatches are allowed on airplanes or not. You can go on board with a smartwatch, but there are a few precautions you must take. If you are wondering where to find the airplane mode in the watch, this article is for you.
We will discuss the Airplane mode, its uses, and how to enable it on your Apple watch. It does not matter which Apple watch you are using; the location of the Airplane mode in the settings will remain the same for all Apple watches. Therefore, we are here for step-by-step instructions on finding the way and using it.
- Why Is Airplane Mode Important?
- How to Turn the Airplane mode ON and OFF on Apple Watch?
- How to Turn ON and OFF Airplane mode on Apple Watch through Mirroring iPhone?
- What Will You Be Able To Use In Airplane Mode?
Why Is Airplane Mode Important?
Airplane mode, flight mode, or offline mode is one of the most common features available on modern smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other devices. The primary purpose of the feature is to suspend the signal transmission through radio frequency. This includes disabling features like Bluetooth, cellular network, and Wi-Fi.
Usually, its feature is made to restrict such radio transmission signals under Airline. Your cellular presence may interpret the radio transmission system of the Airlines. Therefore, you may often hear that the Airline staff asks you to turn the Airplane mode on your devices while flying with them. In this way, you can enjoy offline games and music and take a picture during your flight to make memories without disturbing the radio transmission system of the Airline.
Not just that, the Airplane mode also reduces the battery consumption. It increases the battery duration by cutting off the device’s ability as a transmitter and receiver. As a result, your Apple Watch will last longer on a single charge.
How to Turn the Airplane mode ON and OFF on Apple Watch?
Before enabling the Airplane mode, it is essential to locate its option first. Here is how to do so:
- Wake up the Apple watch.
- Swipe to locate the control center once the watch is awake and active.
- Tap to open the control center and scroll till you find the Airplane Mode.
- Once you have found the Airplane mode, tap the icon to turn it ON. The icon often turns orange when the Airplane mode is ON.
- Similarly, if you tap it again to OFF, the icon will turn back to white and grey.
- You can press the Digital Crown button on the side of the Apple watch.
- Tap on the Settings.
- Then locate the Airplane mode and tap on it.
- Finally, tap to switch it ON and OFF.
How to Turn ON and OFF Airplane mode on Apple Watch through Mirroring iPhone?
To enable the Airplane mode on the Apple watch through iPhone, you must mirror the Apple watch with the iPhone first. Here is how to do it:
- Get to the Home on your iPhone.
- Now tap the Apple Watch icon available on the home screen.
- Next, tap on “My Watch”.
- Once you locate the Airplane mode, you will automatically find the “Mirror iPhone” option.
- Enable the Mirror iPhone option.
You can also turn the Airplane Mode by tapping it in the “My Watch” options on your iPhone. But since you have enabled the mirror option, control the mode through your phone. Here are the steps on how to do that:
- First, make sure your watch is connected to your device.
- Then swipe the iPhone screen from bottom to up to see the control center.
- Now enable or disable the Airplane Mode by touching the airplane icon.
- Check if the watch is switched to airplane mode by seeing a tiny airplane icon on the top of the watch screen.
What Will You Be Able To Use In Airplane Mode?
As discussed earlier, once you turn on the airplane mode on your Apple Watch it will disconnect your Bluetooth, Cellular Network, and WiFi. But that does not mean that you cannot use these features. According to this discussion on the Apple forum, airplane mode does not affect the GPS of your Apple watch. And you will also be able to turn on the WiFi and Bluetooth connection of your Apple watch. The only thing that you cannot do is connect to a cellular network.
You might also like the following Apple Watch articles:
- How To Find Serial Number & IMEI Number On Apple Watch
- Best Weather Apps For Apple Watch
- What Are The Green Lights On The Apple Watch
- Most Comfortable Apple Watch Bands
Does Airplane Mode Disconnect Apple Watch?
Yes, turning on the airplane mode will disconnect your Apple watch from your iPhone. However, you can connect it again to your iPhone in airplane mode.
Will I Still Receive Texts On Airplane Mode?
No, you will not receive texts on airplane mode. However, if you are connected to the Internet through WiFi then you will be able to receive text messages on different social messaging apps.
Does Airplane Mode Turn Off GPS Of Apple Watch?
No, airplane mode does not affect the GPS of your Apple Watch.