Do you want to know whether you can wear an Apple watch in the shower or not? Are you wondering if Apple Watches are waterproof or not?
If yes, then you are at the right place. In this article, I am going to tell you whether Apple Watches like Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or SE are waterproof or not and if you can wear them while showering and swimming. Not only this, but I will also tell you about the factors that affect the water-resistance of an Apple Watch.
So keep reading!
- Is Apple Watch Waterproof?
- Can You Wear Apple Watch In Shower?
- Can You Wear Apple Watch While Swimming?
- How To Turn On Water Lock On/Off Apple Watch?
- What Affects Water Resistant Of Apple Watch?
- Should You Shower With An Apple Watch?
Is Apple Watch Waterproof?
No, Apple Watches are not waterproof. In fact, there are no waterproof smartwatches or watches in the world. However, Apple Watches do have some water resistance. The water resistance rating of the Apple Watch Series 2 or higher is 50M. Even the latest Apple Watch Series 7 has a water-resistant rating of 50M.
This means that Apple Watches are tested to hold the pressure up to 50 meters under the static water. And if you try to take them further deep inside the water then their water-resistance seal will not hold and water will get inside.
So, Apple Watches, be it Series 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or SE have a 50M water-resistant rating but are not actually waterproof.
Can You Wear Apple Watch In Shower?
Apple Watches offer water resistance but does it mean that you can wear your Apple Watch while showering?
Yes, you can shower with your Apple Watch Series 2 or higher, it will not get damaged. The 50M water-resistance rating of Apple Watches can handle the water pressure from a shower easily. But do not forget to turn on the Water Lock on your Apple Watch before stepping into the bathroom.
Can You Wear Apple Watch While Swimming?
If you like swimming then there is good news for you too.
Yes, you can wear your Apple Watch Series 2 or higher while swimming. In fact, you can even track your swimming sessions with your Apple Watch, if you want. But if you own an Apple Watch prior to Series 2 then you cannot wear it while swimming.
And you should always turn on the Water Lock of your Apple Watch before diving into the pool or ocean.
How To Turn On Water Lock On/Off Apple Watch?
Step 1: Swipe up on the home screen to access the quick access menu.
Step 2: Tap on the Water droplet icon to turn on the water lock.
Step 3: Rotate the crown to turn off the water lock.
What Affects Water Resistant Of Apple Watch?
As discussed, Apple Watches have some water resistance and are not actually waterproof. This water resistance is provided by a seal that does not let water get in. But like anything else, this water-resistance seal can get damaged and once it gets damaged, your Apple Watch will not stay protected from water anymore.
According to the Apple Watch water resistance article, the following things can affect and damage the water-resistance of your Apple Watch:
1) Harsh blows or falls can affect the water-resistance capabilities of an Apple Watch.
2) Water resistance of an Apple Watch can get damaged if it gets exposed to your perfume, lotions, oil, or other solvents and chemicals.
3) Soap, shampoo, conditioners, etc. that you use during your baths can also affect the water-resistant seal of the Apple Watch.
4) High-velocity water can also damage the water-resistance of the Apple watch. You can expose your watch to high-velocity water if you go under a waterfall or do water skiing with it.
5) Water steam can also affect the Apple Watch’s water-resistant. So you should not wear your watch while taking steam baths.
Should You Shower With An Apple Watch?
No, you should not shower with your Apple Watch be it Series 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or SE. Water may not damage your watch while showering but the soap, shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, etc. that you use during showering can definitely damage your Apple Watch. Therefore I would not recommend you to wear your Apple Watch while showering.
You might also like:
- Can You Overcharge Apple Watch
- How To Find Serial Number & IMEI On Apple Watch
- What Are Green Lights On Apple Watch
- Airplane Mode On Apple Watch
- Comfortable Apple Watch Bands
- Best Weather Apps For Apple Watch
Is Apple Watch 7 Waterproof?
No, Apple Watch 7 is not waterproof. However, it offers water-resistance of 50M.
Can You Leave Apple Watch On In Shower?
Yes, you can leave your Apple Watch on while showering.
Can I Shower With My Apple Watch 6?
Yes, you can shower with an Apple Watch 6.
Can I Wear My Apple Watch In The Pool?
Yes, you can wear your Apple Watch in the pool.
Is Apple Watch SE Waterproof?
No, Apple Watch SE is not waterproof.