How great it would be if you could just browse the Google or Internet on your Apple Watch?
Pretty great, right? All you have to do was to lift your wrist and do whatever you want to do on the Internet. But wait, Do Apple watches have a Safari browser? Not sure? Don’t worry, I am here to help.
In this article, I will solve all your doubts regarding the Safari browser on the Apple watch. And I will share how you can use Google and browse the Internet on your Apple Watch.
- Do Apple Watches Have Safari?
- Can You Get Safari On Your Apple Watch?
- How To Use Safari Or Google On Apple Watch?
- Things To Keep In Mind While Using Safari On Apple Watch
- How To Clear Search History On Apple Watch?
- Why Doesn’t Apple Watch Have Safari?
Do Apple Watches Have Safari?
Apple Watch is a very powerful smartwatch, you can do a lot of things with it. The latest Apple Watch Series 8 can even detect crashes on its own. But does it let you browse the Internet? Does Apple Watch have a Safari browser?
No, there is no Safari browser app available on Apple watches be it Series 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, or SE. But don’t get upset, just keep reading the article and I will tell you how can use your Apple Watch to browse the Internet.
Can You Get Safari On Your Apple Watch?
What do we do on the smartphone when it does not has any app? We download the app from the App Store, right? So can you get Safari on your Apple Watch as well?
No, there is actually no Safari app available in the App Store for Apple watches. Therefore you cannot download or install Safari browser on your Apple Watch, be it Series 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, or SE.
How To Use Safari Or Google On Apple Watch?
As discussed, the Apple watch neither has a Safari browser app nor can you download it from the App Store. Does it mean that you cannot access the Internet from your Apple watch?
No, you can access Google or the Internet from your Apple Watch. It does not have a Safari browser app but it does have a secret browser that can be used. Since it is a secret browser so you cannot use it like a normal browser. As a result, you will have to work a little to access it.
There are 2 ways to access the hidden Safari browser in the Apple Watch:
- Either click on a link you receive in a message or email
- Or use Siri to open it
Let me tell you about both methods one by one.
Method 1: Click The Links On The Message/Email
- Open the email or messaging app on your Apple Watch.
- Now open the particular email or message that has the link to the website you want to access. In case you don’t have a message/email, then you will have to create a new message. Create a new message or email containing the URL of the website you want to access and send it to yourself. Once you have received the email or message, you can then open it and click on the link.
- After clicking on the link, your Apple Watch’s secret Safari browser will get to work and open the webpage.
- Once the browser is opened, you can then use it to access other websites on the Internet as well.
Method 2: Use Siri To Open The Browser
- Invoke Siri on your Apple Watch. This can be done in multiple ways:
- Simply raise your wrist and start speaking to your Apple watch. However, you will have to turn on the Raise To Speak feature on your watch to be able to use it.
- Just say “Hey Siri”. Again to use this feature, you will have to turn it on from your Apple Watch settings.
- If your Apple Watch Face has a Siri button, then you can simply tap on it to invoke Siri.
- Pressing and holding the Digital Crown button on your Apple Watch invokes Siri as well.
- Now ask Siri to open the website you want to visit. For eg., if you want to visit wearholic.com, you can simply say, “open wearholic.com”. You don’t need to say “www” at the start but do not forget to say “dot com” at the end of the website name. If you don’t add “dot com”, “dot org” or the extension of the site in the end then your Apple Watch will show you Google search results. However, if you want to access Google from your Apple Watch then you can simply invoke Siri and ask it to search for whatever you want to search on Google. It will show you the Google search results for the same query.
- Once the browser is open, you can then use it to browse the Internet.
Things To Keep In Mind While Using Safari On Apple Watch
Let me tell you from my own experience that using the Safari browser on the Apple Watch is not as good and smooth as it is on the iPhone or other devices. Probably because of this reason, it stays hidden on Apple watches. Apple watches have a secret Safari browser, which means, Apple doesn’t want you to use it regularly. It is there only for some important or urgent times.
However, if you really want to use it on your Apple Watch then let me tell you about some things that will make your browsing easier.
- Navigation: If you want to go back or forward on the browser, you simply have to swipe left or right on your Apple watch screen. You can also click on the address bar and then select whether you want to reload, go to the previous page or want to go to the next page.
- Scrolling: If you want to scroll up and down the webpage then you can either do it by swiping your finger up and down on the watch screen or you can rotate the crown.
- Zoom In Or Out: The Apple Watch’s screen is very small compared to your smartphone screen. Therefore, you will need to zoom in and out to read the text clearly. Simply double tapping on the screen will zoom in and zoom out the web page. Once zoomed in, you can then use your finger to drag the screen to a particular part you want to see.
- Go To A Particular URL: There is no option of entering the web address manually on the Apple Watch browser. So do not waste your time trying to do it, just repeat the steps we discussed in this article earlier, it will save you a lot of time.
- Close The Browser: Once you have browsed the Internet, you can simply tap on the Close button present at the top left corner to close the browser.
- Images: The secret web browser of Apple Watch is not that powerful, so it may take some time to load images on the page or it may not load them at all. If you are searching for any image online then I will not recommend you to use the Apple Watch browser.
How To Clear Search History On Apple Watch?
If you have used your Apple Watch to search for things that you don’t want others to see then you are in luck. As funny as it may seem, the Apple Watch does not have a browser app but has Clear Website Data settings. It seems like Apple did know that people will find out the hidden browser on Apple watches and will need to clear their history one day.
Follow the below steps to clear the search history on your Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch Settings and then tap on General.
- Go to Website Data.
- Tap on the Clear Website Data option.
- On the next screen, tap on the Clear Data button.
Now no one will know what you have accessed on the Internet from your Apple watch.
Why Doesn’t Apple Watch Have Safari?
As discussed, Apple Watches do not have a Safari app to browse the Internet and we have to work a little to access websites on an Apple Watch. But why doesn’t Apple Watch has a Safari browser app?
I think it is because of the following reasons:
- Fewer Audience: The number of people that want to use the Safari browser on their Apple Watch is considerably less. Therefore, Apple isn’t paying any heed in introducing a Safari browser app for watches.
- Screen Size: The screen size of Apple watches is very small compared to smartphones. And developing the browser app for watches will require a lot of R&D and effort. Even if the app is developed, the experience will be nowhere similar to the experience of using the browser on a smartphone or laptop.
- Battery Life: Apple watches come with one of the worst battery life among all the smartwatches available in the market. On normal use, it barely lasts a whole day. If you start browsing the Internet on it then it won’t last more than a few hours. This I think Apple knows and that is why there is no Safari browser app on Apple watches.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Get Slack On Apple Watches?
- How To Update Apple Watch Without Pairing To iPhone?
- Why Is Your Apple Watch Screen Upside Down?
- How To Delete Photos From Apple Watch To Free Up Space?
- Does Apple Watch Kill iPhone Battery?
- How To Fix Green Snake Of Death On Apple Watch?
- Is Buying An Apple Watch A Waste Of Money?
- How To Fix Green Snake Of Death On Apple Watch?
- How To Charge An Apple Watch Without A Wireless Charger?
- Should You Sleep With iWatch On?
Can I Have Safari Browser App On My Apple Watch?
No, you cannot download the Safari browser app on your Apple Watch, be it Series 8, 7, 6, 5, or SE.
Can You Browse The Internet On Apple Watch?
Yes, you can browse the Internet using its hidden browser.
Can You Use Google On Apple Watch?
Yes, you can use Google on your Apple Watch.
Does Apple Watch Series 7 Has Safari Browser?
No, Apple Watch Series 7 does not have the Safari browser app. Even the latest Apple Watch Series 8 does not come with a browser app. They come with a secret web browser though, which needs a little bit of workaround to use.