Are you wondering whether reading messages on your Apple Watch will send read receipts or not?
If you are the kind of person who likes to reply in their own free time even after reading the messages then this article is for you. I will tell you whether the Apple Watch leaves read receipts for messages or not. And I will also share how you can turn on/off the read receipts on your Apple Watch if you want.
- Does Apple Watch Send Read Receipts?
- Can You Turn Read Receipts On/Off For Apple Watch?
- How To Turn Off/On Read Receipts On Apple Watch?
- Is There Any Other Way To Turn Off Read Receipts On Apple Watch?
Does Apple Watch Send Read Receipts?
iPhone allows you to turn on/off the read receipts for the messages that you receive. So you can reply to people in your leisure time. However, if you use an Apple Watch too then you can read the message on it as well. But does the Apple Watch send read receipts too if you read messages on it?
Yes, Apple Watch sends read receipts if you read messages. The thing that you need to note here is that the Apple Watch will only send a read receipt if you open a message. If you just read the message in the notification and do not click on it then it will not send any read receipt.
Can You Turn Read Receipts On/Off For Apple Watch?
Reading texts on an Apple Watch is very convenient. However, replying to text from a watch is a task in itself. Apple Watch does offer multiple ways to reply to text messages, which include:
- Speak to reply
- QWERTY keyboard
However, it still remains a task to reply to text messages on such a small screen. It is perfectly fine to read messages on your watch and then later reply from your smartphone. I totally understand it, in fact, I do it all the time. However, the sender of the text message might not understand it. So it is better to turn off the read receipts. But can you turn off the read receipts specifically for your Apple Watch?
Yes, you can turn off/on the read receipts specifically for your Apple Watch. This means, reading messages on your smartphone will send the read receipt, however, reading messages on your Apple Watch will not do so.
How To Turn Off/On Read Receipts On Apple Watch?
Now let us see how you can actually turn the read receipts on or off for your Apple Watch.
Follow the below steps to do it:
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- Tap on the My Watch tab.
- Now select Messages.
- On the next screen, tap on Custom.
- Now scroll down and toggle off the Send Read Receipts button.
Now, if you will read text messages on your Apple Watch then it will not leave read receipts. This is one way of doing it, if you have selected the Mirror My iPhone option instead of the Custom option then your Apple Watch will follow all the settings of your iPhone. Turning off/on the read receipts will not be available in this option. You will have to turn off the read receipts on your iPhone if you do not want your Apple Watch to give read receipts.
Is There Any Other Way To Turn Off Read Receipts On Apple Watch?
Yes, there are actually following workarounds that you can also use:
- Turn Off Message Syncing: You can turn off the message syncing between your iPhone and Apple Watch. If you will not get any messages on your Apple Watch then you will not read them, right? And if you will not read them then the sender will not get any read receipts.
- Disconnect The Internet: Sending read receipts requires your Apple Watch to be connected to the Internet or your iPhone. However, if you disconnect the Internet connection on your watch and disconnect it from your iPhone then it will not be able to show read receipts. So if you disconnect your watch from your iPhone and Internet once you receive the message then it will not show read receipts.
You Might Also Like To Read:
- Do Apple Watches Have Safari?
- How To Fix Apple Watch Face Upside Down?
- What Is Green Snake Of Death On Apple Watch?
- Can You Get Slack On Apple Watches?
- Can You Charge An Apple Watch Without Charger?
- Can You Delete Photos From Apple Watch?
- Does Apple Watch Use iPhone Battery?
- Update Apple Watch Without Pairing
- Is Owning An Apple Watch Worth It?
- Should You Wear Apple Watch When Sleeping?
Does Apple Watch Mark Messages As Read?
Yes, Apple Watch gives read receipts for the messages that you open.
Is There Any Option To Turn Off Read Receipts On Apple Watch?
Yes, Apple Watch allows you to turn on/off the read receipts.
How Do I Change My Read Receipt On Apple Watch?
You can turn on or off the read receipt on your Apple Watch from the Watch app on your iPhone.
Does Opening A Message On Apple Watch Send Read Receipt?
Yes, opening a message on Apple Watch will send a read receipt to the sender.