Do you want to connect your Garmin to Google Fit but haven’t found a way?
If yes, then you have come to the right place. I will tell you whether you can link Google Fit to Garmin Connect or not. And I will share the step-by-step instructions to sync the two accounts.
- Can Garmin Sync With Google Fit?
- Apps To Connect Google Fit To Garmin
- How To Link Garmin Connect To Google Fit?
- How To Connect Garmin To Google Fit?
- Will Google Fit And Garmin Connect Allow Data Sharing In The Future?
Can Garmin Sync With Google Fit?
If you have been using Google Fit for a while and have just purchased a Garmin fitness tracker or smartwatch then I am sure you must want to stick to Google Fit. Or if you want more holistic data regarding your fitness then too Google Fit comes out on top. It could also happen that you are using more than one fitness tracker to keep track of your health. If you are already syncing the data of your previous fitness tracker to Google Fit then you must want to connect your Garmin to it as well.
Anyways, whatever may be the reason, the question that you must be wondering about is: Can Garmin Sync With Google Fit?
No, Google Fit can’t link to Garmin Connect directly.
Having said that, it does not mean that there is no official way to connect your Garmin to Google Fit. There is a way around it that you can use to sync data between Google Fit and Garmin.
As I said, they can’t link with each other natively but you can use an intermediate app to get them to connect. This intermediary app will take data from your Garmin and will sync it to your Google Fit account.
Apps To Connect Google Fit To Garmin
Let us now look at the apps that you can use for this job. Before that, let me tell you that, you will come across a lot of websites on the Internet that claim it can be done through Strava. However, this method did not work for me. Strava can get linked to your Garmin Connect account and Google Fit account, but it will not be able to upload data on them. You will be able to see the data from Google Fit and Garmin Connect on Strava but I don’t think you want this.
Now that it’s clear, let me tell you about the apps that you can use. You can use the following two apps:
The question that now arises is which is the best app between the two?
If you are looking for a free way to do this then FitnessSyncer is the app for you. It has both free as well as paid plans. This app allows you to sync data from more than 50 health and fitness apps. However, with a free account, you will be able to use it to connect to 5 other apps.
Although I am not quite sure about this app as this app has a rating of only 2.5 stars on the Google Play Store. Therefore I will recommend you go for the Health Sync app. It offers a free trial of 1 week and after that, you will have to pay to use it. If you will compare the paid plans of both these apps, then you will find Health Sync to be cheaper.
Having said that, if you own an iPhone then you will not be able to use the Health Sync app as it is not available on App Store. Therefore, the only option left for you is to use FitnessSyncer.
Let me now tell you, how you can use these apps one by one.
How To Link Garmin Connect To Google Fit?
Let us first look at the Health Sync app and then we will look at the FitnessSyncer app.
If you own an Android smartphone then follow the below steps to use the Health Sync app:
- Download and install the Health Sync app from Play Store. Open it once installed.
- Select the source from which you want to take the data, i.e. Garmin.
- Select the destination where you want to sync the data, i.e. Google Fit.
- Tap on the Declaration Of Consent button. Then on the next screen, tap on Accept button.
- Tap on the Check Google Account Connection button. This will connect Health Sync to Google Fit.
- Now tap on Check Activity Tracking In Google Fit button. This will open the Google Fit app, just go back.
- Tap on Initialize Garmin Connection.
- Log in to your Garmin account.
- Select the data that you want to sync and then tap on the Sync button.
Congratulations, your Garmin data has now been synced to Google Fit.
How To Connect Garmin To Google Fit?
Now let us see how you can use FitnessSyncer in case you own an iPhone. Follow the below steps:
- Download and install the FitnessSyncer app from App Store on your iPhone. Open it once it gets installed.
- Tap on Add A New Source.
- Select Data Type as Activity and give it some name. Then select Garmin Connect as the source and then tap on the Save button.
- Log in to your Garmin Connect account and give it the permissions that it requires.
- Tap on Add A New Destination.
- Select type as Synchronize With Service, give it a name, select data type as activity, and select Google Fit as the destination. Tap on the Save button.
- Log in to your Google account that you have used to make a Google Fit account.
- That’s it now FitnessSyncer will start fetching the data from your Garmin Connect account and will upload it to your Google Fit account.
This is how you will be able to connect Garmin to Google Fit with the help of FitnessSyncer.
Will Google Fit And Garmin Connect Allow Data Sharing In The Future?
Well, none of these companies are young, they have been in the market for a long time now. And despite having a huge database of users who are demanding the linking between two accounts, neither Garmin nor Google seems to be paying attention.
None of them have issued any official statement regarding the syncing between the two apps. It seems their rivalry is more important than their customers. Therefore the answer to the above question is a big no for the near future.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Garmin Badges Guide
- Do Garmin Watches Work With iPhones?
- Change Time On Garmin Watch
- Can You Shower With Garmin Forerunner 245
- Add Custom Workout To Garmin
- Garmin Vs Polar
Does Garmin Syncs With Google Fit?
No, Garmin does not connect with Google Fit natively . To link both you will need a third-party app.
Can You Link Google Fit To Garmin Connect?
Yes, you can connect Google Fit with Garmin Connect. However, it can’t be done natively.
How To Sync Data From Garmin Connect To Google Fit Automatically?
You can sync data from Garmin Connect to Google Fit automatically using a third-party app like Health Sync.