Do you want to connect your Garmin watch to your Peloton bike or treadmill?
If yes, then read this article till the end. In this article, I will share whether it is possible to pair the Garmin watch with Peloton bikes and treadmills or not. And then I will give you step-by-step instructions to project the heart rate of the Garmin fitness trackers to Peloton. Not only this but I will also tell you how you can link your Peloton account to Garmin Connect so that your session data gets shared.
So let’s get started!
- Can You Pair Garmin Watch With Peloton?
- How To Connect Garmin Watch To Peloton?
- How To Link Peloton To Garmin Connect?
- Can Peloton Send Data Natively To Garmin Connect In The Future?
Can You Pair Garmin Watch With Peloton?
If you use a Peloton device to stay fit and a Garmin watch to track your fitness then the question that you must be wondering about is: Can I pair Garmin watch with a Peloton device?
Well, the answer to this question is both yes and no.
Yes, you can connect and send your heart rate data from your Garmin watch to your Peloton bike or treadmill. However, if you want to share your Peloton session data to your Garmin then you can’t do it natively.
Having said that, I have figured out a way around, which you can use to share your Peloton data to your Garmin Connect account. Just keep reading to know about it.
How To Connect Garmin Watch To Peloton?
Let me first tell you how you can connect Garmin to Peloton to sync your heart rate on the Peloton bike or treadmill during your session.
Follow the below steps:
- Open Menu on your Garmin smartwatch.
- Go to Wrist Heart Rate.
- Select Broadcast Heart Rate.
- Press the Start button.
- Select the session on your Peloton bike or treadmill.
- Tap on the Heart Rate Monitor option before starting the session.
- Select your Garmin watch from the available devices option.
- Once connected, start your session and you will be able to see your heart rate on your Peloton device.
This is how you can link your Garmin smartwatch to your Peloton treadmill or bike and keep track of your heart rate during a session.
How To Link Peloton To Garmin Connect?
Let us now look at how you can connect your Peloton device with your Garmin Connect so that you can see all your fitness-related data in one place.
As discussed earlier, you can’t link your two accounts natively but there is a way around it. And that way involves using an intermediary app that can pair to both of your accounts.
SyncMyWorkout is the app that you can use for this job. Well technically, it is not the app and just a website. To use SyncMyWorkout follow the below steps:
- Go to syncmyworkout.com and create an account.
- Enter your Garmin Connect credentials and click on Connect To Garmin button.
- Now enter your Peloton credentials and click on the Connect To Peloton button.
- Once you have connected both of your accounts, your Peloton session data will start syncing to your Garmin Connect.
Now every time you complete a session on the Peloton treadmill or bike, its data will be synced to your Garmin Connect automatically. However, the thing that you need to note here is that it can take SynMyWorkout a couple of hours to get your data synced between the two accounts. Therefore, once you complete your session, wait for a couple of hours to see it on your Garmin Connect account.
Actually, there is one more thing that you need to note. SyncMyWorkout is a paid app and you will have to pay the subscription fee to use it.
Can Peloton Send Data Natively To Garmin Connect In The Future?
Well, everyone definitely wants this to happen but it seems that none of the two companies are paying much attention. So the answer to this question is probably a no. You will have to take the help of a third-party app till this happens.
However, you can connect a Fitbit watch to Peloton bikes and treadmills and Peloton syncs the session data to the Fitbit fitness tracker automatically. So if you are in the market to purchase a new watch or fitness tracker then you can consider buying a Fitbit smartwatch. By using Fitbit, you will not have to pay the subscription fee for the third-party app.
You Might Also Like To Read:
- How To Connect Garmin To Google Fit?
- Guide To Garmin Badges
- Garmin Watches That Work With iPhones?
- Set Time On Garmin Smartwatch
- Can You Wear Garmin Forerunner 245 In The Shower
- Create Custom Workout On Garmin
- Garmin Vs Polar
Is It Possible To See Heart Rate On Peloton From Garmin Watch?
Yes, you can broadcast your heart rate data from the Garmin smartwatch to Peloton bikes and treadmills.
Can Peloton Send Session Data To Garmin?
No, Peloton cannot send the session data to Garmin on its own. You will have to take the help of a third-party app to do this.
Can You Link Peloton Account To Garmin Connect Account?
Yes, with the help of SyncMyWorkout app, you can connect your Peloton and Garmin Connect accounts.